About the Course
Nannies are perfectly placed to support the early learning and development for children of various ages, working closely with parents to provide bespoke childcare.
Nannies differ from childminders in that they work at the family’s residence, and oftentimes work more closely with the parents.
This qualification prepares learners who want to be employed in a home-based childcare setting as a nanny.
Duration: The course should take around 60 hours to complete.
- An appropriate level of literacy
- To have regular access to a computer and the internet
- To be able to access the internet, send and receive emails with attachments, and produce written work using Microsoft Word (pdfs also accepted)
Buy and start today
Pay in full (with a £10 discount)
Pay in instalments, 6 x £49
Begin at your convenience and progress at your own pace. Our course follows a self-study approach, providing access to a range of e-learning resources such as:
The Nanny pathway requires completion of Unit 1 and Unit 3.
Unit 1 Preparing to work as a home based childcarer
Unit 1 provides learners with the knowledge required to work with children in a home based childcare setting:
- legislation and regulation relating to home based childcare
- safeguarding and child protection
- health and safety in a home based childcare environment
- promoting equality, diversity and inclusion
- day-to-day care routines for children
- working in partnership
- children’s learning and development
- the role of observation
Unit 3 Roles and responsibilities of a Nanny
Unit 3 prepares learners to explore the role and responsibilities of the Nanny.
- Partnership working for the Nanny
- Expectation required in the role of the Nanny
- Role of advisory guidance and support service for the Nanny
- How to plan steps to becoming a Nanny
Full fee £294
Instalment plan – p 6 monthly payments of £49 per month, with zero interest added!
And if you pay the full fee upfront, receive a £10 discount!
This is a knowledge-only qualification, no placement in a real work environment is required.
FREE access to Expert Seminar CPDs
As part of our commitment to continuous learning and professional development, we extend an invitation to all current and former learners of our Home Based Childcare Level 3 Award Programme to join our exclusive Expert Seminars. These seminars are online training webinars led by industry experts in various relevant fields.
By attending these seminars, participants have the opportunity to expand their knowledge, gain insights from experienced professionals, and stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field. Additionally, upon completion of each seminar, attendees receive a certificate of attendance, recognizing their participation and commitment to ongoing education.