We are delighted to announce the launch of a new course for Childcare Professionals!
The Common Core of Skills and Knowledge for Ofsted registration is a set of principles and values. It sets out what basic skills and knowledge are needed by people whose work brings them into regular contact with children, young people and families. This includes, Nannies, Au Pairs, Maternity Nurses and Teachers.
To register on the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register, childcare professionals must have had training in the Common Core of Skills and Knowledge course.
The programme is based on the Children’s Workforce Development Council’s philosophy. The skills and knowledge are described under six main headings:
1. Effective communication and engagement with children, young people and families
2. Child and young person development
3. Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the child
4. Supporting transitions
5. Multi-agency working
6. Sharing information
Accreditation: This course is accredited by the OCN OTC at level 3 and carries 3 credits.
What is Ofsted and why register?
Ofsted is the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. They report directly to UK Parliament and inspect and regulate services which care for children and young people, and those providing education and skills for learners of all ages.
So as a Childcare Professional why should you register?
1. You have proven that you meet Ofsted’s requirements which increases trust and confidence with agencies and employers.
2. You will have more confidence in your own abilities.
3. You will be prepared for any eventuality, looking after children can be unpredictable so it’s best to be prepared.
What criteria do you have to meet?
1. You will need a valid Paediatric First Aid Certificate (valid for 3 years) –Register now for our courses and take advantage of our Summer Sale!
2. You will need to demonstrate that you have the Common Core Skill and knowledge in childcare. Register now for our OCN Common Core Skills course.
3. As a nanny you will need to hold public liability insurance – we can advise on this if needed.
4. You will need to have an advanced CRB check (these are valid for 3 years).