Last update 1st December 2021
Concerns about the new Omicron variant have led to travel restrictions between certain countries and the UK. The impact within the UK is small so far. Mandatory mask wearing has been re-introduced, and the government is urging the public to get vaccinated.
This means that we can continue with classroom-based training. We use venues that are spacious to allow for acceptable distancing, and have high sanatisation standards in relation to covid-19.
The numerous lockdowns and disruptions have allowed us to develop a better online teaching experience and so we are now able to offer the majority of our courses through virtual lessons, avoiding the need to travel. We are also resuming certain courses in the classroom.
Our approach to ensure the health and safety of everyone in our in-person courses
We have the following measures to keep learners and our employees safe:
- We will ask anyone who is or has been unwell with symptoms of Covid-19 in the last 10 days to not attend the course.
- The maximum number of students will reflect the venue space to ensure adequate social distancing.
- Necessary small group activities will be done within the same groups to minimise the number of people with whom learners come into closer contact.
- We encourage regular hand washing and use of suitable hand sanitisers
- All equipment is cleaned regularly.
Alternatives to in-person training
Live sessions in virtual classrooms
Where possible, we have made arrangements to replicate live training sessions hosted in our virtual classrooms. These still provide similar levels of interactivity as you would get in the classroom, but with out the need to be physically present in the same room. This obviously reduces the risk of catching or spreading illness, and comes with the added benefit of not having to travel.
We also provide a number of e-Learning courses. These a self-paced training courses on our online platform that you can do anywhere, via a device and a connection to the internet.