ABOUT THE COURSE
The CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce is a unique, affordable childcare course offering nationally recognised qualifications , predominantly focused on practising and aspiring childcarers seeking employment in settings as well as the private sector. The course combines high standards of teaching, mentoring and assessing, along with providing opportunities to gain practical childcare skills. Through participation in a work placement scheme, HATA provides its nanny students with an amazing opportunity to both study and build up their professional experience in childcare. With a rising demand for highly qualified and dedicated childcarers within the private sector, professional nannies attract a great deal of interest from families of all types, including high profile families within the UK and overseas.
Incorporating a balance of self-study, practical experience, mentoring and regular assessments allows us to provide a similar package as other private nanny colleges across the UK with the same high standards of teaching and assessing, but at a significantly lower cost.
There are carefully designed set of modules and assignments will provide students with the knowledge of handling childcare duties in both private homes and other early years settings (for children aged 0 – 5 years).
CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Early Years Workforce is an intensive course designed for working people through guided distance learning available throughout the academic year. The course will take a minimum of 9 months to complete and we can allow up to a maximum of 2 years. As this is a distance learning course there is no set start date, this all depends on you.
While acquiring the theoretical knowledge on early years education in a variety of childcare settings (e.g. nanny and childminder roles in the private home environment, crèches, nurseries and various types of pre-school children centres), students are required to build up their Real Work Environment experience through working with infants and children aged 0 – 5, and older if desired.
HATA provides a work-pay-study scheme for students of the CACHE Level 3 Diploma for Early Years Workforce. HATA is able to set up a funding scheme with the student’s employer (e.g. a private family or any type of childcare setting such as a nursery),enabling students to have their course fees paid directly to HATA by their employers, so long as they work in a childcare setting (caring for infants and children aged 0 – 5).
Upon completion of this course students will be able to seek employment as Early Years Educators in a variety of childcare settings such as:
- Highly qualified nannies/childminders in a private home setting
- Assistants in children’s centres
- Nursery practitioners
- Practitioners in reception classes in primary schools
- Pre-school workers
Getting started on one of our programmes is easy! To register with us you will need the following.
- Up-to-date CV with a personal statement.
- DBS check.
- A successfully completed LSCS qualification.
- Childcare references.
- Valid First Aid Certificate.
The course is structured around four key themes following the structure of the CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce:
- Theme 1: Health and Well-being
- Theme 2: Legislation, frameworks and professional practise
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Theme 4: Professional Development
The following list shows the expected commitment in order to successfully complete the course within 9 months:
- 98 hours (approx. 2.5 hours weekly) of keeping weekly records of childcare duties performed
- 39 hours (approx. 1 hour per week) of writing weekly planners of childcare activities/meal plans etc.
- 195 hours (approx. 5 hours per week) spent on producing written assignments such as reports, summaries, case study analysis, reflections
- 468 hours (approx. 12 hours per week) working with children aged 0 – 5
Students must gain a total of 61 credits to complete the course.
- Duties and ethics of the professional nanny working in the home environment
- Infant care in the home environment (breastfeeding, sleep training, bottle feeding, weaning, introducing solids, swaddling, baby bathing, teething, potty training)
- Shared care and sole charge of infants and children in the home environment – planning diverse everyday routines
- Managing nursery duties and child care in the home environment
- Maintaining clean and hygienic environment for children in the private home setting
- Organizing and planning children related indoor and outdoor activities and events (trips, birthday parties, dress-up parties etc.)
- Understanding the psychology of child-parent’s emotional attachment and family dynamics
- Developing techniques of assertiveness in communication between nanny and parents
- Using effective channels of communicating with children, parents, carers, other members of teaching staff
- Observing, assessing and planning for children’s needs
- Being flexible and responsible to children’s needs and interests
- Introducing various forms and styles of parental care
- Supporting families of diverse cultural and religious backgrounds
- Supporting healthy lifestyle for children (aged 0 – 5) through nutrition and exercise
- Food safety in the work setting/home environment
- Promoting children’s physical and emotional well-being
- Supporting children who are unwell
- Legislation, safeguarding and health and safety for children
- Understanding employer and employee rights and responsibilities in a domestic work environment
- Supporting children’s development through play; the value of play in early years
- Developing children’s emergent cognitive skills as well as literacy and numeracy skills
- Promoting children’s speech, language and communication skills
- Promoting children’s personal, social and emotional development
- Supporting children with additional needs
- Continuous professional development of early years educators
In order to gain this qualification the student is expected to:
- Demonstrate their theoretical and practical skills through their individual work and completing written assignments
- Complete a longitudinal study (child observations and running records by students)
- Demonstrate their practical skills and vocational competence in the Real Work Environment
Tuition fees for our one-year CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (distance learning) will be £1,800. This includes a registration fee of £300 payable on acceptance of a place at our academy. We can also offer a monthly instalment plan of £200 per month for 8 months, and will accept payment directly from employers to be deducted from your salary.
HATA is a professional training academy for nannies and child carers that provides high standards of teaching, mentoring and assessing. The investment in this course by our students opens up attractive employment opportunities for graduates.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old and be able to take up either paid or voluntary employment in a home environment or in an early years setting
- Valid UK, EEA or Swiss passport required
- Have a current UK living address
- Excellent spoken and written English
- All applicants will be required to apply for a DBS check (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly the Criminal Records Check) through HATA unless they already hold an up to date DBS. In either case, this needs to show no issues to be employed as a child care provider
- Three references will need to be provided by applicants (two professional and one character)
Success stories from hundreds of participants
Here are what our students have said about their experiences on our courses
"After taking the Common Core Skills course I also decided to take a maternity course after my very positive experience with HATA. All the trainers were so professional and had lots of experience in their fields. It really gave me a newfound confidence in my skills, especially after my boss went on to have a second baby."
I have completed all my training through HATA (apart from my Hypnobirthing Practitioner) Sleep Training, Healthy Eating, First Aid, Maternity Nurse Training and the OFSTED Course. I have made a lot of friends through HATA a lot of which I speak to on a daily basis. I will continue to promote HATA to all my friends and those in this profession. I can honestly say that every course I have done with HATA has affected my profession in a good way. I have also made so many life long friends.
Hata change my life,i meet new friends,the trainer was a lovely women Julie,she maked me have confidence in me,i meet new friends and i introduced old friends,this course is amazing i applied lot of things i learned in my practice and i can see the difference,I feel more secure i feel that i know perfect what i am doing.So if you love babies,if you Want to earn good money or just feel more confident taking care of your new baby definitely just HATA i guarantee you wont regret !:)